ADVERTISEMENT

KU Baseball The Home Stretch

necrimson

Ring of Honor
Gold Member
Dec 6, 2009
As KU heads down the home stretch of the season, here are some things, mainly positive, that are standing out to me.

Cooper Moore has been pitching well in relief. Primarily used before Cain and Cranton enter the game. We need Moore to continue to be effective considering that we are going by committee for our third starter behind Voegele and Dutton, with Steitz out. Tegan Cain has good stuff but still needs to get better command to avoid walks and hit batsmen. Cranton has struggled a bit lately with his control but the dude throws 100 mph and his slider is a real weapon.

Easley has looked good at times as an opener as he works his way back from an injury.

John Nett, better than I expected. Seeing the ball really well. Playing solid defense. Koszewski and Wisdom appear to have anchored the other two outfield spots on both sides of Nett for now at least. That’s a good thing in my book as it can be unsettling to juggle the the lineup. But still expect Jans and Leto to get situational play. Jans for defense for one.

Ben Hartl is really coming on. It’s unfortunate he got hurt because we might have pulled out a few more wins earlier in the season.

English, Brooks, Cranford, Shojinaga, not much to say other than they have been solid all year. Ashby started out really hot, came back to earth some, but continues to contribute.

We need to tighten things up more defensively and pitchers need to pound the zone. Like to see Steitz back but wonder how effective he can be being out for awhile, And pray that Brooks is ok from getting hit by the pitch yesterday.

I think our best baseball is coming into play now. Not expecting miracles, just solid, competitive, baseball down the stretch and we will see where that gets us in the regular season, Big 12 tournament, and possibly beyond.

Fitz is a great HC to lead this program. He knows his baseball. Anybody that regularly follows baseball can readily see that. Hats off to Goff again for getting him.

Feel free to add comments to this thread. Love to hear your thoughts.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News