ADVERTISEMENT

Social Media

KU4LIFE

Hall of Fame
Gold Member
May 29, 2001
The following came from a friend of mine Instagram post.

“If you were paying attention yesterday you saw who controls our world. Social media platforms have stepped well beyond being a useful tool and into being a damaging addiction thanks to an evolving toxic nature, and now are shown to have tyrannical qualities as well. After starting to see was the case over the summer I quit Twitter entirely and took a hiatus from Facebook. Then I watched the Social Dilemma on Netflix. Too many people live and die by these platforms and it is quite obvious they are the root of the division in our country. If you have not seen the Social Dilemma I suggest you make time to watch it and keep in mind one key quote from that documentary - if you are not paying for the service you are the product.”

My question to everyone on this board. Do you think this country would be in the predicament that it currently is in if social media wasn’t made available to the masses? Do you blame social media for the toxicity in people? Are we pass the point of no return in this country because of it?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News