ADVERTISEMENT

Football News Scott Fuchs headed to Tennessee Titans, reactions from recruits

JK

Hall of Fame
Staff
May 29, 2001
Overland Park
The Jayhawks are losing another coach on staff.

Although nothing has been confirmed as official, Scott Fuchs will leave his position as the KU offensive line coach. He will join the Tennessee Titans staff as the OL assistant considered the second in charge of the OL. It is believed Fuchs has always wanted to coach in the NFL and will get a chance to it under Bill Callahan, one of the most respected OL coaches.

It is believed Lance Leipold has been prepared for this and has a list of possible candidates that started to get formed over 48 hours ago.

Fuchs youngest son Jack is a division one prospect and has two years of high school left so this is good timing from that side. His other son, Hank, graduates this year.

Most of the OL signees were not aware of the situation. Kene Anene said this doesn't change his mind.

"My thoughts about this is I hope the best for him," Anene said. "He's been great along this process and I hope he does well on the Titans. I still feel great about being a Jayhawk."

The Jayhawks signed four OL in this class including Carter Lavrusky, Harrison Utley, and David Abajian. Lavrusky and Utley said they wanted to think about things before making a comment.

"It’s definitely a shocker for me, knowing how long of a coaching history Coach Fuchs and Coach Leipold had," Abajian said. "My commitment to Kansas was more than just football. I like the school itself as well. I’m still solid in my commitment."

Abajian added it is a different feeling not knowing who the coach will be, but he appears solid with Kansas.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News