ADVERTISEMENT

Royals Rebuild

KUhawks34

Hall of Fame
Gold Member
Dec 29, 2006
Who do we believe on the current rosters can be a core player or productive player the next time the royals are competitive? Say 4-5 years from now.

I’m mainly discussing Merrifield, Soler, Duffy, Moustakas, Herrera and Perez.

This is where scouting comes into play. While we may not get an “A” prospect for lack of a better term or a teams top prospect for any of those guys, but that doesn’t mean you aren’t getting a great player. Every year a teams top prospect doesn’t make it but others rated below become super stars.

Unless you really want to resign Moose or Herrera, the royals probably need to settle with whatever they can get but they may have to try and hold out until the last day to get the best that they can. A team like the Braves with a deep farm system especially in the rotation could potentially be a great match if the royals wait and work it right.

Obviously Duffy is a sell low position right now. It would probably be best to wait until the off-season or next year to give him time to get hot again if he does.

Guys like Perez, Merrifield and Soler need to be talked about and shopped around but only go for it if you are truly pleased with their return. They are under contract and you can always trade them.

In my opinion there is a lot of teams who can win it all and we along with a few other teams have a few guys that can really increase their chances.

I truly believe our farm system is better than we tnink but obviously nothing close to top 10. Junis, Keller, Lovelady, Adams, Dozier are guys that provide some promise as productive big leaguers in the future but obviously not superstars. Matias, Melendez, Lopez, Lee and Pratto is a decent group that could be supplemented with 5 picks in the top 40 this draft. A few trades here and there could really boost the system.

I don’t think our system is depleted as some say. It’s not great but with a couple good drafts and a few trades we could have some promise.

What are your guys thoughts?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News