ADVERTISEMENT

Recruiting Update Recruiting Update: Thursday, Dec. 14

JK

Hall of Fame
Staff
May 29, 2001
Overland Park
As I predicted things with the transfer portal has been on the slow side. Right now there aren't many spots to give and they did give out some early offers. I do think some of the recruits who got offered early ended up having a lot of options and NIL also played a factor. When some of the players in the portal start throwing around dollar figures that just isn't going to work in this cycle for KU.

Jahsiah Galvan finished his visit on Wednesday morning and flew to Cincinnati. Then he will take his last visit to Kansas State before deciding.

"It went really well! Loved it and it surpassed all expectations I had," Galvin told Jayhawk Slant.

I heard the staff loves his ability to run sideline to sideline but so far he is keeping things close to the vest. I asked him what stood out to him after the visit.

"They are high quality people and the standards that the program is operating at," he said.

-------------

The staff is still doing evaluations and looking at Anterio Thompson. If everything checks out they will try to get him in for a visit this weekend or the special visit window after the first of the year.

I believe Jim Panagos is set to visit with him in the 24-48 hours.

Panagos developed a good relationship with him last year when he recruited him at Iowa Western CC. I felt last year Thompson was going to be a Jayhawk, but when Iowa offered that ended quick.

Thompson wants to play and right now he is behind three or four players who return next year in front of him. Iowa had a top five defense this season and there are a lot of good DL in the program.

-----------

I am going to wait until I can confirm a couple things but Scott Fuchs has been in contact with some OL. But I just don't know if any will pan out in this early cycle. They could wait and see what comes open when the next wave of portal players hits after the bowl games.

One high school player I am keeping an eye on his Greydon Grimes, who is the son of new OC Jeff Grimes. He committed to Baylor over the summer as a tight end. I believe the staff likes him as a DE and there have been conversations if he wants to look into KU. This will have to develop soon. Even though his dad will be coaching at KU I believe Greydon will still want to see campus. This will be the last weekend of official visit until signing day.

Knock on wood but as it stands now, I think all of the committed players are solid with the Jayhawks. The staff has been on the road visiting every recruit the last two weeks.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News