ADVERTISEMENT

Recruiting Update Recruiting Update: May 20th, latest on Foster, official visits

JK

Hall of Fame
Staff
May 29, 2001
Overland Park
The word I am getting is Bryce Foster did not take his official visit to Oregon. Once source told me he ended up wanting to focus on regionals and leaving would take time away from practice.

From what I gather, Oregon will still get the next official visit. That means everything will be pushed back.

Sounds like the Oregon visit could now come the week of May 30 and if he visits KU it will come after that. I do admit this is a bit concerning just because it has been hard to read. But I like the way Foster handles all of the recruiting and keeps things close and not turning it into a public affair.

If KU is going to stay in the running with Foster they will have to be patient. This could easily be a decision that does not come until mid June if the timetable pushes out that far.

-----------

The biggest official visit news that come out is Brock Heath confirming he will take an official visit to KU.

I said all along I thought one might happen, but he posted last night it will be the first weekend in June. I have communicated with Heath today and we are going to talk more about his visit. The biggest thing he has stressed is relationships will be the biggest thing in his recruiting.

I believe it set KU back when Kotelnicki and Fuchs left. Those were the two, main recruiters. Kotelnicki called on the BV area and Fuchs was the position coach. The other schools on his list have coaches who have been recruiting him for over a year. When the two KU coaches left that hit the reset button.

KU OL coach Daryl Agpalsa has worked hard trying to build a relationship in a short amount of time. Heath is going to give the opportunity of an official which is all they could ask for.

In my opinion I think there is a lot of ground to be made up. But at least the Jayhawks are in the game.

----------

I had a good talk yesterday with WR Jackson Cook from Georgia. He likes Samuel a lot and the two have formed a good relationship.

Cook has been scheduled to visit June 7, but that has now been pushed back to June 21.

Cook told me, he was told they have too many visitors on June 7 weekend.

I'm guessing they want to see how they do with Mozee and Jalen Cooper, two 4-star receivers who will visit June 7. They will take two high school WR and likely they are working their way down the board. They also have Gabe Daniels from Georgia set on June 21.

---------

The coaches are wrapping up their road tour of spring visits today and tomorrow. I hear there are a handful of coaches on the road through Tuesday and then the spring evaluation period ends.

They will get some time off over the weekend and then start ramping up for a busy June.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News