ADVERTISEMENT

Off Topic Phone company data performance

hank34x

Hall of Fame
Gold Member
Jun 3, 2006
Anyone else feel that their phone data performance is basically just shit these days? My Verizon plan often struggles to send texts, download email attachments, or open the latest whiny post on the slant.

In 2007 I got my first hotspot. The sprint guy handed me a little Bluetooth dongle, and I was like “really? This and my dumb flip phone can get Internet?”

And sure enough, it did. I rocked that and my econo Compaq laptop for years, doing a bunch of work and wasting way too many hours surfing the web. *never* had an issue at airports, unlike now where I’m usually screwed at a place like DFW where the WiFi also usually sucks. Unless I was in some rural wasteland, it was dependable as hell. Just doesn’t feel like that modern day.

I’m dumb on this stuff, and I’m probably biased from when I was exposed to such a thing the first time back in the day. Also, I’m sure exponential more users and smart phones on the network don’t help.

And, this issue is probably just the 5G trying to connect to the vaccine in my blood.

@JK, how does your network perform when you’re posting updates while cruising down the road on K-10?

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News