ADVERTISEMENT

Recruiting Update Now that the portal has closed, what's next for Kansas?

shay

Senior Writer
Staff
May 29, 2001
Olathe, Kansas
kansas.rivals.com
Hey all,

After making some calls last night, I get the feeling that this is what KU's roster looks like at this time.

Hunter Dickinson
Dajuan Harris
Jamari McDowell
Elmarko Jackson
KJ Adams
Zach Clemence
Zeko Mayo
AJ Storr
Rylan Griffen
Flory Bidunga
Rakease Passmore

Now, I'm not saying that Riley Kugel is out and I'm not saying that Johnny Furphy is absolutely gone. However, at this time, I kind of get the feeling that the staff plans to move forward with the belief that neither will be on the roster when the season kicks off. If Kugel makes his way to Kansas in the future, that would be considered a bonus, at least that's how I feel. If Furphy ultimately decides to return for another season, that would be an even bigger bonus.

Currently, at least according to the roster above, Kansas has 11 scholarship players with the end of the school year approaching. The staff will likely try to add one more player and will cap the scholarship number for the season at 12 unless something unexpected happens. I know a few guys the staff reached out to, Koby Brea and Javon Small, both committed to other schools yesterday, so those two are out of the picture.

I'll be working the phones today and the rest of the week and hope to have at least a couple of names to focus on moving forward.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News