ADVERTISEMENT

Off Topic NFL DRAFT: Chiefs Draft Thread or your favorite team

GChawk

Hall of Fame
Gold Member
Jun 6, 2001
My Chiefs draft board:

Possible trade ups

Nuclear Option trade 32 and next years 1st to draft Olu Fashanu OT in the teens, Alt won’t make it far enough.

More likely trade possibilities in the low 20s.

Troy Fautanu OT - I don’t think he’ll make it to the 20s but he is a guy I would move up for there, think he is more of a solid guy than a star.

Brian Thomas Jr. WR - He’s raw, but big guys don’t typically move side to side like he can, and he’s a burner. IMO top ten pick in most drafts, this draft is stupid in terms of WR talent.

Amarius Mims OT UGA - If the Chiefs are ok with his medical checks and background checks I could see this because Mims has better length, size, and explosive testing numbers than Alt and Fashanu. I think he is a guy who would be a top 10 type if he had a track record.

Xavier Worthy WR UT - I think he is likely to go higher than a lot of the draft experts have him ranked. He keeps getting lumped in with other small burner type receivers but he is much more polished than guys like Ruggs and Ross.

Taking those guys out, my board at pick 32 would look like this.

1. Ladd McConkey WR UGA - A great polished fit for the Chiefs
2. Tyler Guyton OT OU - Raw but fits what they look for.
3. Kingsley Suamataia OT BYU - See Guyton
4. Cooper DeJean CB Iowa - corner isn’t the biggest need but his game is very similar to Sneed.
5. Koolaid McKinstry CB Bama - Another big physical corner who plays a game similar to Charvarious Ward.
6. Jer Zhan Newton DT Ill - BPA? Not a great fit for Spags, but talented.
7. Troy Franklin UO WR - Fast, quick, guy with some height, he would need time learn the scheme.
8. Keon Coleman WR FSU -Receptions per target rate and lack of speed are a concern but his Gauntlet drill at the combine showed his quicks and he is a polished, productive, prospect with elite size and leaping ability.
9. Chop Robinson DE PSU - Would be 3 years in a row at DE but he might be the BPA.

Guys I just don’t think fit

JC Latham OT Bama - I think he is a first round type guy for a power scheme.

Jordan Morgan OT Zona- He is athletic be he lacks the kind of length Reid likes from his tackles. He’d be more of a guard for the Chiefs.

Taliese Fuaga OT OSU - I don’t think the Chiefs will have a chance to draft this guy, but even if they could his arms are shorter than they like and he seems like a better fit in a power scheme. He is close on length though so I could see it if for some reason the Chiefs were in position to take him.

Xavier Legette WR SCar - I’d like him better in Round 2, he is not great against the zone, he’s much better vs. Man and nobody plays man vs. Mahomes. I think he’d be limited like Hardman until he could figure out the scheme.

AD Mitchell WR UT- He is very fast, but he lumbers a bit side to side. He takes a lot of plays off, I just don’t think that works with Pat’s creativity. Like Legette he is a one year wonder in terms of production.

Nate Wiggins CB Clemson- Might be the best cover corner in the draft but he doesn’t like to tackle or take on blockers.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News