ADVERTISEMENT

My OC list

KU4LIFE

Hall of Fame
Gold Member
May 29, 2001
I don’t expect everyone to know who’s all out there, but I think a lot of us follow different levels of ball and have an inkling of an idea of who might be a good fit to tandem with Zebrowski. here’s five guys I would love to see LL interview.

1) Brennan Marion. I don’t think it’s any secret I absolutely love what I’ve seen in read about UNLV young OC. The architect of the go-go offense. His philosophy is geared toward the power run game with a two back set and vertical passing game. Probably going to be a tough sell as he’s also interviewing for G5 HC jobs. he was linked early and often with Penn State, Oklahoma, and Arkansas OC openings. Also, interviewed for the San Diego State head coaching job and will do the same with UTEP.

2) Willy Korn. Current co-OC and QB coach at Liberty. Obviously, I’m a big fan of the Coastal Carolina offense. I think it fits our personnel to a T. Korn is a big time up and comer. Like Marion, it won’t be long before he will get a head coaching job. Still might be 3–5 years out though.

3) Matt Drinkall. Army co-OC/OL coach. Been a TE coach as well. Drinkall had a very successful five-year stint as the Head Coach at Kansas Wesleyan University in Salina. By nature Drinkall loves to run a no-huddle, Power-Spread system. It’s on him to move army out of being a triple option offense only, to more of a spread offense. Originally grew up in Iowa.

4) Casey Woods. SMU OC and TE coach. Much like Marion he is a Gus Malzahn protégé. Lover of the power spread and pushing the ball down field in the passing game. Would be a great compliment to coach Z.

5) Tim Beck. Current OC at New Mexico State. Long time Pittsburg State HC. He’s been around the state of Kansas for a long, long time. His offensive philosophy would fit in perfect with the current Kansas coaches. Would be another great veteran coach to tag team with Zebrowski.

There are a few other names I would like to see, but I have made it no secret that these guys would fit in great with the current staff and continue to stress a lot of the same things that we’ve been doing on offense.

What other names would Kansas fans like to see on JK‘s list tomorrow?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News