ADVERTISEMENT

My argument for Wilt Chamberlain being not only the greatest basketball player ever but also the Aththe Athlete of the second half of the 20th Century

who is the greatest basketball player ever?

• about Jordan being the greatest NBA player ever

Votes: 17 77.3%
  • for Labron James being the greatest basketball player ever

Votes: 5 22.7%

• Total voters

kennethwild

Redshirt freshman
Gold Member
Mar 9, 2010
the athlete of the 20th century. In the 1961-1962 seasons Wilt averaged 50.4 points a game and 25.6 rebounds a game. Are you serious? Wilt in the 1967-68 NBA season led the entire NBA in total assists for an entire season. In NBA history Wilt is the only player to average 30 points and 20 rebounds in a season; Wilt not only did this once he did it "7" times. No one else even did it once. And you Labron and Jordan fans; here's something even more astronomical; Duringn that 1967-68 season Wilt a a very rare double-triple-double (25 points, 22 rebounds, and 21 assists against the Detroit Pistons. Wilt played 14 seasons, 1,045 regular season g ames, 160 playoff games, 55,418 total minutes, and Wilt never fouled out of a game. When hearing that, Hall of Famer Hakeem Olajuwon stated, "That can't be possible , can it!" Labron and Michael I would hope by now that you both concede to Chamberlain being the greatest ever.
However, still more to come. Wilt at the age of 61 ran in ultra marathons 50 mile races. Wilt did it at least twice; in ilHonolulu, and a 50 mile race in Canada. and there's still more to come; At kansas University wilt won the high jump an incredible 3 straight years, Wilt ran a sub 10.9 100-yard dash, Wilt threw the shot put 56' and i didn't even bring up two stats; in 1962 at Hershey, Pa Wilt scored 100 points against the New York /knickerbockers. And in Wilt's first gaem at KU Wilt scored 52 points and 31 rebounds against Northwestern. Now Labron who is always opening his big mouth like the Brittany Greiner sluryour completley overrated and Michael try and put all opf those NBA records aside. Wilt was a team player. Don't forget that 67-68 season that Wilt wanted to make a statement and boy he did. Chamberlain was the greatest athlete hands down in the second half of the 20th century and Wilts is the greatest athlete of the second half of the 20th century. Labron and Michael - I still have one more test for you- Wilt was getting on an elevator while two delivery men were having trouble lifting a cart. The cart was so heavy that the elevator sunk a few inches under the floor . Wilt took the cart and lifted it on tom the lobby floor. When asked about the incident, one of the men said that the cart weighed about six hundred pounds. I now state my case for Wilt being the Greatest basketball player ever. This can all be found in my best selling book on amazon "Grandfather's Enduring Love. kenneth wild

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News