ADVERTISEMENT

Moving Forward

Phoghat

All-American
Nov 11, 2002
1. I know a loss is disappointing but I don't know how anyone could possibly be super disappointed. This team was a complete creation of its coach. No other coach in the country does with this group what Self did.

2. Having said that, that's a 2 edged sword. While Self coached and prodded them to these heights he also recruited the pieces that made this an incomplete team.

3. Going forward I think Self and Co have had a chance to look around and realize the landscape has completely changed. I'm not sure you're recruiting guys every year with eyes on them developing for 2 or 3 or 4 years. Because they will transfer and, frankly, it's pretty easy to find a better replacement through transfer for most guys.

4. Jerome Tang had 3 scholarship players on the roster when he took the K Statw gig and look what he put together.

5. Trust in Self. I'm seriously doubting next years team has half the players on it right now that will eventually be here. Once Self puts up the "Open for Business" sign on transfers I think we will be amazed at the number and quality of player lining up at the door.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News