ADVERTISEMENT

Recruiting Update More on McNeeley

shay

Senior Writer
Staff
May 29, 2001
Olathe, Kansas
kansas.rivals.com
Cassidy: In 95 percent of blank-vs.-field scenarios, I’ll take the field. This question might be part of the five percent, however. Buzz linking

Liam McNeeley
to other programs has been almost non-existent since his decommitment and there’s already a relationship in place between the McNeeley family and the Kansas staff, as the five-star forward visited Lawrence in September before committing to Indiana.

The fit also seems logical, seeing as though the Texas-born All-American would get to stay in Big 12 country while playing for a high-profile program that seems to need his shooting ability desperately. We’ll see what happens in the coming month, but unless McNeeley begins to take additional visits, I feel like KU is a smart bet. Texas seems like the biggest threat on the surface, but there hasn’t been much chatter linking McNeeley to the home-state Longhorns since his decision to reopen his recruitment.

Jordan: Conventional wisdom says to take Kansas because of the relationship between McNeeley and the staff, but his stock has skyrocketed this season as one of the most versatile weapons in the country and that adds layers to a decision of this magnitude. His camp has done a great job of keeping things close to the vest and I wouldn’t expect much to leak out before he and No. 1 Montverde Academy finish up at Chipotle Nationals in early April. Naturally, McNeeley’s recruitment will be a key storyline at the McDonald’s All-American game, but at this point I’m taking the field.

Reactions: Cromwell
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News