ADVERTISEMENT

Recruiting Update MONDAY TRANSFER PORTAL UPDATE AND MORE

shay

Senior Writer
Staff
May 29, 2001
Olathe, Kansas
kansas.rivals.com
-- I was able to exchange a few text messages with Primo Spears last night and he confirmed his upcoming Kansas visit. According to Spears, his visit to Kansas will begin on April 25. If this one ends well for Kansas, I won't be at all surprised. Not saying that's going to happen, but it won't surprise me.

"It's a dream come true," Primo Spears said of his upcoming visit to Kansas. "I can't wait to get on campus."

-- I'll do some checking this morning, but the talk last week was Harrison Ingram would arrive for his visit to Kansas today. I was then told it might be early in the week, but not necessarily on Monday. No matter the case, unless something unexpected happens, I expect this one to end well for Kansas. Ingram could be the first player from the portal to give the nod to Kansas this off-season.

-- I've reached out to Nick Timberlake and a few sources, but I just haven't heard anything in return at this time. I know there is some speculation on Twitter that UCONN is the team to beat, so that's why most people are giving the edge to the Huskies right now. Timberlake is going to decide this week and I expect Bill Self and his staff to keep pushing hard until they're told of a final decision. I guess UCONN might be on top at this time, but that's only because most of the smoke is headed in that direction. I do believe, however, that Kansas is still very much in play and the staff will do whatever they can to win this battle.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News