ADVERTISEMENT

Let's say KU wins 4 or more games next year...

esuStorm4Hawks

Hall of Fame
Gold Member
May 1, 2007
Before arguing whether that is or isn't likely, because I know that is how it will turn out, just for the sake of discussion let's assume KU wins 4 or more games next year. When discussing the results next year, there is one question I haven't seen answered and hope people take a minute to really think about:

What would it mean if KU wins four or more games next year?

This is a pretty important question here. There is some wiggle room with this question, but if that were to happen the absolutes I see would be:
It would mean KU has won more games in Beaty's first year than in any of the last five yearsIt would mean that KU did this following a year where they lost arguably the most talent from one season to the next since 2009 (2 NFLers, 14 - 15 starters, leading sack man, 5 of 6 leading WRs, etc)It would mean that, not counting walk-ons, the staff pulled this off with a roster in the low 70s for scholarships, something we have experienced for 4 years in a row nowIt would mean we likely had the ball finally bounce are way a couple of timesMost importantly, it would be a big time sign this staff can develop and coach guys up
I don't think it is likely we win 4 or more games this upcoming season, but I do think it is possible. That being said, I also think that it is a monumental task for a brand new staff given our current roster situation. Again I don't think it is impossible, but I also don't think it is fair to have preseason expectations like that for this upcoming season to the staff.

However, if we do somehow win 4 or more games...go ahead and buy some sunglasses, because I (and I know others will too) will be pumping this board full of so much damn sunshine it will hurt your eyes. If this were to happen, any reasonable KU football fan would have to be incredibly excited about the future no questions asked, IMO

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News