JALEN WILSON VISIT

shay

Senior Writer
Staff
May 29, 2001
Olathe, Kansas
kansas.rivals.com
Hey all,

I just exchanged a few text messages with Jalen Wilson, the 6-foot-8, 210-pound small forward from Guyer High School in Denton, Texas. Having recently received his release from Michigan, Wilson, the No. 47 ranked player in the 2019 class, has scheduled official visits to Kansas (5/30) and North Carolina (6/3).

At this time, no other visits have been scheduled, and if that changes, I'll certainly let you know.

Now, according to Jalen, he will arrive in Lawrence for his official visit at 7:30. As you guys/gals know, there are no guarantees in recruiting. That much as been made quite clear this recruiting cycle, so I'm not telling you something you don't already know.

I made my Forecast for Jalen Wilson and picked Kansas as his final destination. I think North Carolina is a major, major player, and if he ultimately decides to attend UNC, I won't be surprised. However, I think his previous relationship with the coaching staff, the amount of time invested by Coach Jerrance Howard and the distance from home will all play a major role in the decision-making process.

Wilson, should he select Kansas, will have the opportunity to step-in right away and play significant minutes for a team that will be expected to compete for a National Championship. There's no doubt that Wilson would play a major role and would slide in nicely on a team that, in recent weeks, has received some great news.

Devon Dotson is back. Silvio De Sousa is back. Udoka Azubuike is back. Kansas already has some nice pieces coming in from the 2019 class, and Wilson could very well be the icing on the cake.

With the way things have played out this last week or so for Kansas, De Sousa and Dotson news, I just have a feeling about Wilson. My guess is, we should know a lot more about his future in the next week to 10 days.

Still, at this time, I think Kansas will ultimately land Jalen Wilson when the time comes for the four-star forward to go public with his decision.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News