ADVERTISEMENT

Here’s what I hope for going into next season.

KU4LIFE

Hall of Fame
Gold Member
May 29, 2001
I’m not super interested in discussing this season anymore. My soul is ready to move forward.

Here’s a few thoughts that have been bouncing around in my caveman like brain over the last couple weeks. I would like to share some of them now that the season is over.

1. Personally, I would have open competition for all of our positions. Obviously, Hunter is going to start as long as he’s here, but I want things uncomfortable for all of the returners.

2. I truly hope we don’t have multiple defections. This roster desperately needs quality depth. if that means moving some starters down the depth chart, so be it. Having quality depth is a good thing.

- Because what hurt us the last couple of years is not just poor roster construction, but losing all those players to the portal and having no future depth.

3. Bill and his staff have to hit on the portal. I think there will be at least three open scholarships. Maybe even four. Athleticism and shooting will be our biggest needs.

4. Bill needs to reevaluate his staff. Bringing in some new blood might not be a bad idea. New voices, new energy.

5. Lastly, Bill needs to sit down and mold this roster in his liking. No more FBI probe hanging over our heads. Scholarship restrictions can’t be an excuse anymore. If Bill truly wants to get old and stay old, then we need to retain guys on our roster and we need to go out and get us some veteran studs. Some real dogs.

That’s my main focus right now. Getting this roster and staff, right. we have the best coach in the business to lead this program. We just need horses to make his life easier.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News