ADVERTISEMENT

Hard to believe

Bull-Hawk

Ring of Honor
Gold Member
May 29, 2001
The season is winding down. We are entering March, and next week is the end of the regular season. Just think about the excitement when it all started. We were getting HD and Timberlake in the portal, and Kevin announced he was returning. Things were sky high around here.

I don't worry too much about numbers. Self has never played more than 8 or 9 anyway. Of course, I worry about the quality of the bench. We have some fine "small" players, but we don't have the height off the bench that some other teams do. HD and KJ have to handle most of that. Braun is good for a few minutes of quality back-up, but we don't have any other serviceable big men to help out. Self has done just a tremendous job with what we have, and hopefully we can survive with longer tv timeouts. Getting Kevin back would definitely help as long as he is healthy enough to be a factor.

Being as old as I am, I'm already thinking about next year. I hope I am around for another season. I think HD will be back. He, along with KJ and Harris, will give us another solid nucleus to build on. I will hate the heck losing Furphy if he goes. I guess we once again will have to go portal hunting. We have some really good freshmen coming in, but it usually take them a while to adapt to the college game. But with Self at the helm, we are always going to be a factor in the league race. It will be interesting to see what happens with the loss of OU and UT along with the addition of the new schools. I will miss the home and home matchups. I think that was the fairest way to determine an actual league champion.

Enough rambling. I'm excited for tonight, as I am for every game. I don't know if I care that much about KC, other than getting to watch the Hawks play. My hopes are still high for adeep run in March. And then some will be surprised that a basketball fan will actually be looking forward to football season - and not just because it means that basketball is soon behind.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News