ADVERTISEMENT

Game thoughts

hawkinmichigan

Hall of Fame
Gold Member
Feb 6, 2002
- start with the obvious. We gave this one away. Fumbled punt. Blocked XP for a three point swing. Dropped pick six. Just brutal to lose to that team on that sort of stuff.

- Ballard is a stud and I’m glad we have him and are keeping him. He made two real mistakes all night, and I’m not even totally sure the late INT was all on him—looked like a jump ball throw and Q never came back for it.

- the depth of my dislike for ksu is hard to express. Everything about them grates on me, constantly. Their band halftime performance really set me off tonight, just as an example.

- I can’t believe we let Will Howard of all people beat us. That dude is not good.

- I’m still processing this part of it, but I can’t believe that was my last game in that stadium. I don’t care how nice the new place is. I’m going to miss this one.

- Devin Neal is just an absolute stud. I’ve run out of superlatives for how good he is. Easily the best player on the field all night tonight.

- I think that the decision to go Ballard over Bean was the right call. Ballard put us in a position to win. I’m comfortable with what we did there.

- was so happy Mason got that long catch. Dude deserves something like that.

- some really sketch calls that cost us today from the refs. Two biggest being giving them a first down on a defensive hold that didn’t happen in the fourth, and then giving them a catch when they didn’t earn it with two minutes left. Probably doesn’t matter but frustrating.

- our defense played well enough to win today. Slowed down the offense that has been the best in the conference this year and made some huge plays when we had to have one.

- I don’t understand why special teams is so hard, but we are going on fifteen years of having arguably the worst special teams in the league. I’d pay good money to be simply adequate at it next year.

- AK schemed so many good things for Ballard tonight. That dude is a stud.

- Cobee needs to stop running his mouth or start backing it up. He is way too handsy on defense. Needs to really stop sucking if he wants to not be at KU next year because that stuff won’t fly at the next level.

- we are playing above anyone’s reasonable expectations coming into this year and it’s still so disappointing to know we could be a ten win team right now if we just kept the foot on the gas in the second half. It’s cost us three times now. Gotta keep scoring.

- our offensive line was duct taped together at times tonight. Did a nice job opening holes all night long.

- something is off with Hishaw. He isn’t breaking tackles or long runs the way he did earlier this year. Wonder if he is dinged.

- the bloom is off the rose for me with Casey. He is missing some key blocks out there now when we really need him. Still a good player but he is fallible, it turns out.

- I think we are going to go in and annihilate Cincy next Saturday. Win your bowl and that’s a nine win season and one of the five best years we’ve ever had here. It’s a special group.

- and in the end, want to thank the seniors. Some extremely important bridge guys from Miles to Leipold, some key buffalo transfers that set the tone and built the culture—we are going to miss some of these dudes a lot. Appreciate all they’ve all done for KU.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News