ADVERTISEMENT

Game thoughts

hawkinmichigan

Hall of Fame
Gold Member
Feb 6, 2002
- Crowd showed up and was generally enthusiastic and cheered at the right time and all that. Wish they’d stayed a little longer because I’m scarred by our history but no real complaints.

- Bean did exactly as much as we needed from him and I enjoyed his performance a great deal personally. Don’t understand the hate he’s gotten ever but I trust him to lead us when needed.

- Jalon story is tired and people need to enjoy whomever is out there. No one’s wanting him on the field more than him.

- Our running back duo is awesome. Haven’t seen anything like it here in about thirty years. Easily better than the Herbert/Pooka duo. Getting into Levine/Henley zone.

- The offensive line dominated like we haven’t seen in a real long time today. We got to choose the final score and how many yards we ran for. Kind of crazy honestly. They and the receiver/ TE group just physically imposed themselves on UCF.

- Defense made plays when we needed them. They are improving every week.

- Austin Booker is a star. That dude just makes plays other guys can’t and moves different from the rest of the defense. I can’t believe we lucked into having him for a few years.

- Wheeler was awesome last week and barely played this week. Puzzling, but I guess it worked out ok overall for us.

- Keller finally missed a kick but our special teams remains so strong this year. Great to watch their improvement.

- Leipold is relentless. He chews ass from the first play to the last no matter the score. Always looking for the tactical advantage and how to push the refs to our benefit.

- I have no idea what the story was, but Cabeldue was PISSED after we scored in the third quarter. Threw his helmet on the sideline, was getting talked to by coaches, Jason, Devin, other linemen, coaches again, Devin again. I don’t know what got under his skin but it was big mad.

- I’ve been waiting for the game where we play all three phases all year. I saw it and it was us just wiping a pretty good team off the field. And this didn’t feel fluky like the BC win a few years ago. This was just hat on a hat dominance. Play like that and we can beat anyone in the conference.

Adding two more thoughts:

- I’ve been going to games for about 45 years now. I’ve never felt like the program was in more capable hands and more at peace at the games than this. Professionals doing their job well is a joy to see. Just really fun and joyful for me.

- Along the same lines, seeing my kids who I’ve dragged to games since birth getting to enjoy a legitimate football team out there is so rewarding. They’ve earned it and built up a lot of scar tissue getting here. No one even wants to leave early any more. They are kids so the world revolves around them, but they even seem to be soaking up this experience and valuing it n

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News