ADVERTISEMENT

Recruiting Update Friday Update: Latest on official visitors- 11:44 a.m.

JK

Hall of Fame
Staff
May 29, 2001
Overland Park
Here is the latest I have and I think some things will extend to the first week of January especially with transfer portal players. Remember they are not locked in and can change their minds up until mid January.

There are also a couple other possible developments that could play out in the next week but will have to wait and see.

To start everything it looks like Jayhawks have won a big visit battle and will get Fred Davis on campus. The former Clemson corner has a lot of offers and KU will be among his finalist. Now, here's where things get interesting. Jordan Peterson has worked on him. But he went to the same high school and good friends with Eriq Gilyard who is leaving Kansas. He is also friends with Kenny Logan.

Sources I spoke with believe UCF may be the front-runner and are also throwing out NIL money. The bottom line he is scheduled to be on a visit and they will have a s hot at him.

Former Minnesota teammates Gage Keys and Austin Booker will also be on campus later today. I think KU has a good shot at both but there is work to do. Jim Panagos is a key on both of them.

I reported yesterday that Mason White will take an official visit. I am still hearing he gave TCU a commitment but he will give KU a chance to show what they can offer. He confirmed again late last night he will visit for sure.

Place-kicker Seth Keller from Texas State is on campus and will leave today for Memphis. I will try to get his thoughts but I have a feeling he may push things into January since North Carolina came in strong this week.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News