ADVERTISEMENT

Recruiting Update Friday Night Lights: Early Report

JK

Hall of Fame
Staff
May 29, 2001
Overland Park
The coaches have been great with the players. They’ve been getting them fired up and a lot of energy. It is fun to watch them interact with the players.

Kyle Mayberry from Booker T Washington… Yikes this kid can move and is built for cornerback. Very smooth and athletic. I think this kid will get more offers good thing KU jumped on him early.

Josh Rivas OL, Hutch… In the 2017 class and for a big kid he moves well. About 6-foot-5, 320 and started as a sophomore. Question will be where he projects and if he can be a tackle.

Williams Bradley-King, LB Hogan Prep goes about 6-4, 225 and looks the part only saw him early on in drills. But he has the physical body and size.

Baron Odom, TE from Wynnewood, Oklahoma. He’s just a pup and moves well. Changes direction well for a tall, rangy player. I have no doubt the kid is going to pick up several offers down the road.

Dawson Downing, RB, Bishop Miege. Good physical size for a running back. The question is if someone takes him and moves him to another position. But he’s got the size and not bad speed. His dad played at Mizzou so he has some football in the bloodlines.

Dante Brooks, 6-2, 200, Topeka. I think this kid is going to have a chance to land offers. He’s skilled for a big kid and has all the tools the college scouts look for.

Andre Chineme, 6-0, 190, Arlington Bowie. Kind of a mystery but the kid is chiseled and runs well. He walked over and talked to Kenny Perry for a while so there is a Bowie connection.

Jace Williams, 6-5, 220, Buhler. Very good looking physical on the hoof which is want college recruiters want to see. I just don’t know where he projects but he’s someone to keep an eye on.

Robert Gillum just showed up so I will watch him closer.

Last little tidbit Jordan Carmouche is on campus for a visit. He’s a beast looking type kid and he’s got a long offer list.

Some other guys I want to watch but this is just a quick update from the beginning of camp what I saw early on.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News