ADVERTISEMENT

Recruiting Update FIVE-STAR BIG MAN FLORY BIDUNGA

shay

Senior Writer
Staff
May 29, 2001
Olathe, Kansas
kansas.rivals.com
I've made it clear for as long as I can remember that Kansas is a player for five-star big man Flory Bidunga. Down to Kansas, Duke, Michigan, and Auburn, Bidunga, the 6-foot-9, 220-pound center from Kokomo (IN) High School could be close to making a final decision about his future. Some have speculated that the No. 4 ranked player in the 2024 class might announce on Saturday or at some point this weekend. However, two sources today told me that's not the case.

With that being said, it wouldn't surprise me if Bidunga, the No. 1 ranked center in the 2024 class, puts an end to his recruitment this weekend. As we all know, there are no surprises when it comes to recruiting. Still, I was just told by two sources that a decision likely isn't coming this weekend. Right now, I'm split 50/50 on if I expect something to happen. Two people have said I shouldn't expect a decision, but something tells me an announcement could be made. However, nothing is planned right now.

As far as his decision goes, I think Kansas has positioned itself quite well in this race. Kansas and Duke are the two schools that I continue to hear mentioned most. Not long ago, most considered Bidunga, a five-star prospect, a Duke lock, but Coach Self, Coach Case, and the entire staff have made him a top priority. Not saying I expect Kansas to be the choice, but if that ultimately happens, don't be surprised.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News