ADVERTISEMENT

Double standards

Hawker-2001

Ring of Honor
Dec 4, 2001
Kansas...land of milk and honey
Snood brought it up in another thread, but I think it makes an interesting discussion on its own. Double standards have been used in reference to race relations for decades. My best example is the United Negro College Fund. This organization provides scholarships to black students to help them through college. It has a lot of respect among the public as well as our government. The double standard is this...if there was an organization called the United Caucasian College fund that provides scholarships to white students, there would be massive protests, bordering on violence and the government would be castigated to dissolve the organization for being racist. At a minimum, the gov't would have to force the organization allow minorities. To my knowledge, that has never been brought up with the UNCF.

Snood, in the original thread I mentioned, called this double standard racism, basically beating Brad over the head with the race card. How can we ever have a reasonable discussion about race with such double standards?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News