ADVERTISEMENT

Do you think America would benefit from...

!hawk!

All-Conference
Apr 10, 2008
A flight to the DNC? Hear me out.

2001, others who keep insisting the Tea Party isn't what the media says it is: well, it is--at least as far as it's represented in congress. But the message you have, the tea party you wish to see, the message of social liberty and fiscal conservatism, could these people not fair better working within the DNC? Social liberty within that party is a far more resilient system of belief than its economic policies.

09, the GOP you believe in is in crisis right now because the cat got out of the bag. The big stupid that's padded the base since the southern strategy has finally figured out you're not going to restore segregation, outlaw science, and ban contraception. Now they're disrupting the network with their own sub-party that's condemning you just the same in the partially blind eyes of the majority of Americans.

You guys are pretty similar and not that dissimilar from me, at least at the level of nuance that determines who we would select in a primary. There are literally millions of democrats that either feel held hostage by the DNC's fiscal policy, or are so interested in its cultural progressivism that they ignore or accept it by default.

I think the Rockefeller Republican, who got f'd by the southern strategy, is now a diaspora. Many left for the DNC, unwilling to deal with the big stupid, many became apathetic and tuned out, many became independent or swing voters, and many stayed in the GOP where they made empty promise after empty promise to do something for the social outrage from the big stupid, which they disagreed with privately.

I think this is the true bulk of America and I think if these people found each other, we could get on track again.

This post was edited on 10/5 11:40 PM by !hawk!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News