ADVERTISEMENT

Creepy Grape Experiences

BintoFoShinto

Freshman
Gold Member
Jul 22, 2021
I'll start. I was at one of my youth volleyball games getting ready to play. I had worn my "Kansas Football" sweatshirt with Jay glorisly displayed in the middle. My "friend" Walks up to me and says, "Ah! A real KU fan!" (He's the grape in this instance).

I was like, "What are you talking about?"

He goes, "Most KU fans would not dare wear a KU football shirt in public. They don't really cheer for KU."

My thoughts immediately went to my experiences in Allen Fieldhouse and how I never felt a fake fan around. Also, this was after the conclusion of the second season of the Lance Leipold era where we almost beat Arkansas in a OT duel. What is he saying? Of course I'm wearing a "KU football" sweatshirt.

He wasn't getting it. I told him the football team is good now and he shouldn't be shocked to see people wearing KU football stuff now. I also said that maybe he should start showing a little respect for the program. He obviously thought some form of, "this is the Beaty era and what a brave 'true' Jayhawk this was."

Anyway he wasn't dropping it and kinda lurked off, giving me this violating second stare when he was like 10 feet away.

A grape. Poor fool.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News