ADVERTISEMENT

"Covid Relief" Bill?

viviajm

Ring of Honor
Gold Member
May 14, 2004
Liberty, MO
Anywhere I look at what this bill contains I find only 9%-14% deals with the present virus problem. It is fraught with crap that this country does not need to be spending money on. A national $15.00 minimum wage is going to cost way too many jobs. Inflation will harmful, and this country will never pay off the debt of haiving this bill. Building a bridge to Canada, an underground railroad for Silicon Valley, performing arts etc etc etc are things that we should not be borrowing money for. Millions of workers in this country work apart time job. In Missouri the minimum wage now is $10.30 cents. Working 20hrs/week earns a person around 10k per year. Most of those jobs will go away. The worker earning this 10k/year no matter how old, pays income tax, social security tax, mdedicare tax, and state income tax. All that goes way with the job loss. Congress acts so very carring by sending all adults citizen another check-this time $900 and very likely a jobe loss. Cities such as NYC, LA, Cicago etc should have a hirer minimum wage due tho the higher cost of living. But to have that same figure in the low living cost states will do a great deal of harm.

My point is the dishonesty of Congress. Don't call it a covig bill, but be honest with the list of unnecessary crap so all can see how bad it really is. This bill picks winners and losers among cities and states, large and small businesess, and young wokers versus the well to do. The conservatives on this board are outnumbered by the liberals, but I hope they all see the folley of this bill.

Reactions: Hawker-2001
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News