ADVERTISEMENT

Breaking News Commitment Analysis: Xavion Brice commits

JK

Hall of Fame
Staff
May 29, 2001
Overland Park
Quick Thoughts: I don’t know how many wide receivers the Jayhawks will take in 2022, but one thing I have learned is believe in who Emmett Jones likes.

Jones has been eyeing Brice for over a year and offered him in January.

He is a player that I hope stays away from summer camps because he’s a very good athlete that could shine in those settings. He’s also a good basketball player.

Breakdown: When I back through several film clips I thought Brice was a quarterback. Then when I went through his senior film I realized he was playing on at wide receiver.

Brice told me he grew up playing quarterback and did that through his junior year. But he always played receiver as well at quarterback, so receiver isn’t a brand-new position for him.

He said he’s right at 6-foot-3, 180 pounds so he’s got good size. I liked the way he moved at quarterback and ripped off some good runs.

When I talked to Brice he believes he will only get better at receiver once he turns all of his focus to one position.

Final Thoughts: I stated this earlier and I don’t know how many receivers Jones will get because 2022 could be a small class. Looking at smaller numbers that tells you what Jones thinks of Brice to use of his scholarships this early on him. If I had to bet money I would guess there will be one more receiver taken in the 2022 class.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News