ADVERTISEMENT

Breaking News Commitment Analysis: James Livingston to KU

JK

Hall of Fame
Staff
May 29, 2001
Overland Park
Quick Thoughts: Livingston visited Lawrence on Friday with his family and was re-offered by the new staff. They were recruiting him at Buffalo and offered him.

Livingston really enjoyed the visit on Friday especially meeting with Scott Fuchs. When the staff was at Buffalo, Chris Simpson recruited him hard and was one of the first offers.

There was a feel it might be a tough get to land him at Buffalo but when the staff moved to the Big 12 that might have helped.

When I caught up with him after his visit here is what he had to say:

“The visit was great I got to meet the staff as well as see the facilities and campus and one thing that really stuck out to me was the history behind the school which was very interesting, and the culture coach Leipold and his staff are bringing to KU.”

Livingston told me academics would also play a big part in his decision.

Breakdown: Livingston is the type of recruit I have always said is the kind of player you can develop at KU. He’s tall, got long arms, athletic and his body can easily hold more weight.

Plays mostly left tackle and with his frame he projects to tackle at the next level.

Fuchs told him he really likes how he uses his hands.

This is the type of player Gildersleeve can have some fun with because his frame is lean.

Final Thoughts: These are type of players Mangino brought in that might have been a small cut under what bigger programs had on their radar. But they have a chip on their shoulder and want to prove they can play at Power Five.

As for offensive linemen I am not sure how many will be targeted. You already have two coming from Buffalo via the transfer portal and Livingston would technically make it three

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News