ADVERTISEMENT

Off Topic Chiefs draft needs

hawkinmichigan

Hall of Fame
Gold Member
Feb 6, 2002
During this down week before the Super Bowl, I have been starting to you around with some mock draft simulators, looking at potential cuts and salary cap issues and free agents, etc. to start to focus in on what next year might look like. I think there are some easy money moves that can be made to free up some cash, but also expect to see some significant dollars go out to guys like Chris Jones, LJ Sneed, one of Tranquill or Gay, and some smaller retained signings as well (Wharton, Allegretti, Townsend, Winchester, etc.--I expect to lose Danna, Nnadi, D. Smith, Bush, all of the receivers, CEH, Herring, Edwards).

As I have been looking at and playing with the mock drafts, two names keep consistently coming up for me as obvious choices that would fit needs for the Chiefs almost too perfectly, in my mind: Xavier Worthy and Kris Jenkins. Worthy seems absurdly dangerous with Mahomes throwing to him as the Tyreek replacement we have been searching for, and Jenkins feels like the type of disruptive force in the middle of the DL that would allow Jones to continue to wander freely around the line for weaknesses and rush the passer. And, conveniently, most projections I have seen and every mock draft I have done has them both available at the Chiefs first two picks.

Am I crazy to think these guys are great fits? Who do you guys want to see the Chiefs target at 32 and 64?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News