ADVERTISEMENT

An appalling lack of leadership

hill6

All-American
Feb 10, 2017
I know there is a portion of you who reflexively defend Trump when you see me and others criticizing him for something stupid he did, but somewhere deep down you have to agree that his response to the riots has been nothing short of disgusting and terrible. He has given no public address, and instead sat in the WH sending out tweets that echo racist policies of the past. Biden goes out and meets with protestors, Trump went into his bunker and turned the lights of the WH out (which I still can't explain but is the perfect imagery - no one is home). People are pissed and have escalated from peaceful protests to violence at a time when Trump tells the police and states to "dominate" the protestors. When you're talking about people who are protesting police violence, telling the cops to dominate the protestors is about as tone deaf a comment as can be made. On top of that, rather than acknowledge some validity to their argument and call for calm, he incorrectly blames it all on antifa, and says he's going to act illegally to designate them a terrorist organization.

When the history is written about this year, the narrative will be how we as a nation were confronted with unique challenges and were 'led' by a President wholly ill-equipped to deal with them. The perfect storm of needing a leader and being given a 2-year old.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News