ADVERTISEMENT

Recruiting Update AFTERNOON RECRUITING UPDATE

shay

Senior Writer
Staff
May 29, 2001
Olathe, Kansas
kansas.rivals.com
-- So, here were are just a handful of hours away from the Arterio Morris decision, and, to be honest with you, I'm still not completely sure what to expect. You tell me that I've got to make a decision, one way or the other, and my gut feeling tells me DePaul. Here's the thing with Morris, and this is no secret. He's got a trial on June 14, I believe, for a domestic violence charge. If Kansas takes that commitment and things don't go as planned with the trial, how does that look? Listen, I understand that, at that age, we all made mistakes and I'm not passing judgment on Morris. I've made my fair share number of mistakes and I've spoken about them on this very board. I've really got no idea what to expect when Morris makes his announcement, but my guess is DePaul, but that's just a guess.

-- I know that Primo Spears absolutely loves Kansas. He made that clear to me on a number of occasions. However, I find it somewhat odd that, while on his official visit to Florida State, he announces that he's making his commitment tomorrow. Maybe I'm making this more complicated than it needs to be, I can't remember the last time a prospect announced his commitment date while visiting a school he's considering, only to commit to another school. Listen, I'm sure it has happened, but I just don't remember.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News