ADVERTISEMENT

A closer look at the remaining prospects on the Hoops Hot Board (And some notes)

shay

Senior Writer
Staff
May 29, 2001
Olathe, Kansas
kansas.rivals.com

Up until a few days ago, I had been in constant contact with Deon Harmon, the father of De'Vion Harmon, and there was absolutely no indication that a decision was nearing. I even asked him if anything could happen, and he said, after the call with Texas Tech, which didn't happen, the family would sit down and narrow the list of schools. The next thing I know, Harmon is headed to Oregon. Never saw it coming.

As most of you have seen, there has been a lot of talk surrounding Tyty Washington this weekend. He was spotted at the Arizona spring game and most assumed it was a visit. However, his father took to Twitter and said it wasn't a visit and he was just hanging out with friends. He told me that Tyty used to play football and has some friends on the team, but it wasn't a visit. That's where things stand with that situation.

Sun Belt POY, Devonte Jones, told me that I'll have to wait to find out if Kansas will be on his list of schools that he's expected to release next week, I believe. Playing for Coastal Carolina, Jones averaged 19.3 points, 7.2 rebounds, and 2.9 assists per game this past season. He shot 48.7% from the field, 36.8% from behind the arc, and 86.2% from the free-throw line. Kansas has been mentioned on a number of occasions, but I'm still doing some digging.

Still nothing to report on Bryce Hamilton. When he's ready to talk, whenever that may be, I'll reach out.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News