ADVERTISEMENT

Well, if there was a time to buy stock in this team it would be now

kuDan

Freshman
Gold Member
Aug 25, 2017
the only explanation for the last two games is that tearing down Memorial stadium upset some ghosts.

By the way, I fully expect this post to get torn to shreds. And I don’t care.

Rewatching the past 2 games, KU was significantly better than its opponents down-to-down if not for a litany of penalties, turnovers relinquished, and turnovers failed to recover/intercept at conceivably the most inopportune times statistically possible. Burroughs had 2 non interceptions last week. One went through his hands and the other his toenail was on the chalk. Turnovers in the waning seconds before half that lead to points. Penalties that call back 20 yard runs and put us in 3rd and long. The list goes on and on.

KU’s offense was humming in the first half. My eyes can’t deceive me. Devin is getting 6 yards downfield before he’s even close to being touched. That is repeatable football and what truly good teams do. I think the consensus on Grimes is wayyyyyyyy too premature.

It’s amazing how for opponents everything is coming up aces. College football is weird, so WVU might pull off the trifecta. But I really think if KU plays a clean game with turnovers/penalties, the Jayhawks are winning this weekend and possibly going away. If you’re ready to say that KU’s offense sucks through 3 games, then at least be consistent and acknowledge KU has a top-4 defense in the Big 12 right now.

Just a reminder: Iowa state started 1-2 last year and had a fan yelling at Matt Campbell in Athens, OH having to be restrained.
Oklahoma State was written off before suddenly coming into their own rattling off wins over KState, us and OU.

In 2022, Oklahoma state was the odds on favorite for the conference but injuries plagued them and they fell off a cliff.

This season hasn’t even begun in my book.
Who knows who will be healthy, who will play clean. Conference play is a complete season of its own.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals to access this premium section.

• Say your piece in exclusive fan communities.
  • Unlock Premium news from the largest network of experts.
  • Dominate with stats, athlete data, Rivals250 rankings, and more.