Sounds like Baghdadi was killed or captured tonight

Discussion in 'The Slant Political Board' started by 2000Jayhawk, Oct 26, 2019.

1. jayhawkart

jayhawkart Senior
    Gold Member
    Expand Collapse

I don't know, did we fly over a Russian controlled area?

2. jayhawkart

jayhawkart Senior
    Gold Member
    Expand Collapse

I swear, you guys will argue over everything and can't be happy the U.S. took out an ISIS leader. If Trump took a shit, you guys would argue over the toilet paper he used.

3. bjabrad

bjabrad Hall of Fame
    Gold Member
    Expand Collapse

1. Trump didn't do shit with Russia.
    2. You're a loony tunes conspiracy theorist. Thanks for showing us how crazy you really are.

4. jayhawkart

jayhawkart Senior
    Gold Member
    Expand Collapse

My understanding is we notified Russia and Iraq that we were flying over the air space they controlled but did not share what the mission was. Better to do that versus having them get shot out out of the air.

5. bjabrad

bjabrad Hall of Fame
    Gold Member
    Expand Collapse

I didn't realize the jackass was speaking about this raid vs all the other conspiracy theories he's spouted off regarding Trump and Russians, Russians, Russians.

6. hill6

hill6 Senior
    Expand Collapse

We did fly over Pakistan and didn't notify them.

7. hill6

hill6 Senior
    Expand Collapse

And if that shit was in a punchbowl at a party you were attending you'd say it was totally fine and you can't understand why people are complaining, as you took a big drink.

8. jayhawkart

jayhawkart Senior
    Gold Member
    Expand Collapse

That's because we believed they knew about him and would tip him off. Call them Schiff lite.

bjabrad likes this.
  9. jayhawkart

jayhawkart Senior
    Gold Member
    Expand Collapse

Nope. Unlike you I would leave any party that had shit in the punchbowl. Probably be afraid to drink it to too if they knew I was a conservative (que reference to Hollywood Knights movie).

10. Sweet_Lew

Sweet_Lew Senior
    Gold Member
    Expand Collapse

That's a fair point but I just don't think they could risk being shot down. Chinook helicopters are easy pickings. Surely the Russians would have noticed 8 aircraft entering Syrian airspace and probably sent fighters to investigate. They likely monitor all air traffic in Syria (as we probably do too).

11. jayhawkart

jayhawkart Senior
    Gold Member
    Expand Collapse

Not to mention the radio chatter of them hailing the copter. It could have easily compromised the mission.

12. hill6

hill6 Senior
    Expand Collapse

Possibly. It'll be interesting to see what the facts are when they are officially reported. As we all know, trusting Trump - especially when he's being confronted with lots of bad news as he has been this month - is foolish.

13. bjabrad

bjabrad Hall of Fame
    Gold Member
    Expand Collapse

You are a moron.

kcjhawk23 likes this.
  14. AZ j-hawk

AZ j-hawk All-American
    Gold Member
    Expand Collapse

Trump lies incessantly. That’s a damn fact. Why should we suddenly believe him now?

15. bjabrad

bjabrad Hall of Fame
    Gold Member
    Expand Collapse

Because you believed every lie Obama told you. You're not any smarter today. You just don't complain when you're getting fvcked by a man whispering sweet progressive nothings in your ear.

16. bjabrad

bjabrad Hall of Fame
    Gold Member
    Expand Collapse

17. nick77

nick77 All-Conference
    Gold Member
    Expand Collapse

Perfectly fine that we run this by and get the OK with a geopolitical foe since Trump is in office. But lets run to get the articles of impeachment off the printers if Obama ran the bin Laden attack by Pakistan or Iran first.

Afterall, Trump words, Bin Laden only blew up a couple buildings, no big deal (and never mind the USS Cole - doubt he's heard of that)

18. nick77

nick77 All-Conference
    Gold Member
    Expand Collapse

I'm sure you know by now, but the resident conservatives on here don't grasp the concept of this. It's all or against all the time. They don't know to shit or go blind when they see someone use logic, reason, and objectivity.

19. knaup1

knaup1 Senior
    Gold Member
    Expand Collapse

I’m thinking Baghdadi was one of the barbaric ISIS leaders that Obama let out of Guantanamo. One of many of Obama’s stupid decisions that Trump had to clean up after.

59 knaup1, Oct 29, 2019
    Last edited: Oct 29, 2019
  20. viviajm

viviajm Ring of Honor
    Gold Member
    Expand Collapse

The notfication was about "air space". It only makes sense to notify them, rather than have our forces blown out of the sky. Also, although it is not qritten about very often is Russia, like London, has a problem with Muslin immigrants. Russia, unlike France under Reagan, cleared us as did several others. The guy we drove to blow himself up was not liked by anyone except his fanantic followers.

21. nick77

nick77 All-Conference
    Gold Member
    Expand Collapse

The US Department of Defense said al-Baghdadi was imprisoned at Compound 6, which was a medium security Sunni compound.[51] On 8 December 2004,[8] he was released as a prisoner deemed "low level"[41] after being recommended for release by the Combined Review and Release Board.[44][52][53][54]

In December 2004 Obama was an Illinois State Senator, but US Senator-Elect yet to be sworn in (that next month) as the Junior Senator of Illinois.

I'm thinking he didn't have anything to do with his release.

22. bjabrad

bjabrad Hall of Fame
    Gold Member
    Expand Collapse

You're an idiot. China is our chief geopolitical foe and just an FYI for lame brains like you...our biggest threat is NOT climate change.

23. RMHawk

RMHawk All-American
    Gold Member
    Expand Collapse

Apologize if this has already been mentioned here but skipped thru the tiresome personal insults to ask if anybody other than me thought it ironic that Trump heaped effusive praise on our intelligence agencies for their role in finding the scum - these are the same agencies he called incompetent and corrupt after they unanimously concluded that Russia had intervened in our 2016 elections in support of his campaign. Odd, how these agencies have somehow transformed like that.

24. nick77

nick77 All-Conference
    Gold Member
    Expand Collapse

Careful, if you point out these double-standard you'll be called a libtard and diagnosed with "TDS"

25. nick77

nick77 All-Conference
    Gold Member
    Expand Collapse

It's amazing that the Kurds were helping us with this operation, we stick a knife in their back and yet somehow managed to pull this one off. What I'm not clear on is if the Kurds still helped us out anyway after we threw them to the wolves, to their children be brutally beaten to death, raped, and tortured.

26. kcjhawk23

kcjhawk23 Junior
    Gold Member
    Expand Collapse

They've also been rid of a lot of the people who were leakers/using their power to protest the elected President.

27. Hawker-2001

Hawker-2001 All-American
    Gold Member
    Expand Collapse

I think we all just need to get used to how Trump talks. We're taking him too literally; calling someone stupid doesn't literally mean they're stupid...it means they did something stupid.

28. AZ j-hawk

AZ j-hawk All-American
    Gold Member
    Expand Collapse

Doesn't that approach simply act to normalize abusive and abhorrent behavior? Should a person not be judged by their speech?

hill6 likes this.
  29. AZ j-hawk

AZ j-hawk All-American
    Gold Member
    Expand Collapse

Not sure there's any evidence to support your claim. If you have some, please post. That would've been an atrocious F up by Obama if that did occur.

One thing we did learn after killing OBL is that someone will step up and fill the void. Terrorism isn't going anywhere. We know that 10,000 new candidates just entered the marketplace, so maybe one of them will step up. I guess time will tell.

nick77 likes this.
  30. kcjhawk23

kcjhawk23 Junior
    Gold Member
    Expand Collapse

There isn't any evidence to back up that claim. He was released before Obama was President because he was a nobody at that time.

31. nick77

nick77 All-Conference
    Gold Member
    Expand Collapse

You went from calling that a stupid decision to normalizing it only because I proved that it happened under GWB's watch and not Obama's.

32. nick77

nick77 All-Conference
    Gold Member
    Expand Collapse

Shouldn't the release be judged under the circumstances at the time and not solely based on who was sitting in the oval office at the time?

33. hill6

hill6 Senior
    Expand Collapse

That is part of what has been so interesting to see with how those defending Trump are contrasted by how they addressed Obama. Remember when Obama mildly criticized Rush and the right lost their collective minds saying the POTUS was attacking a private citizen? Now the POTUS personally and viciously attacks everyone he can see, including veterans, and the right shrugs and says, 'don't believe everything he says.'

At the end of the day the right simply finds excuses to justify the right and if it means being hypocritical or lying, so be it. You see it with, in my opinion, Pelosi's stupid decision to hold a vote on the impeachment process. She's doing it because the GOP was criticizing the Ds for not holding a vote, now that one is scheduled, the right is criticizing and mocking her for holding a vote.

nick77 likes this.
  34. Hawker-2001

Hawker-2001 All-American
    Gold Member
    Expand Collapse

Haven't we already done that though? With all the abhorrent behaviors we put up with in politics? I'd say that ship sailed around the GWB era.

35. hill6

hill6 Senior
    Expand Collapse

You don't think Trump is worse than anything that came out of the GWB or Clinton eras?

36. viviajm

viviajm Ring of Honor
    Gold Member
    Expand Collapse

Social media has created more than one monster. What I miss from the old bickering is their vocabularies and inuendos. Twitter did away with that. Now it's just crass. No imagination.

jt212713 likes this.
  37. Hawker-2001

Hawker-2001 All-American
    Gold Member
    Expand Collapse

I think he is worse...but then I also consider him an extension of the behavior we've been tolerating for a while.

38. hill6

hill6 Senior
    Expand Collapse

He may be an extension, but I also think he's leaps and bounds ahead of what was accepted back then (even 2 years ago). It's like politicians were running 5:02 miles wondering when someone would break the 5 minute barrier, and here comes Trump who runs a 3:58 mile. He not's so much a logical next step as he is a revolution (devolution) of national discourse, class, and decorum.

39. hill6

hill6 Senior
    Expand Collapse

Partially true. Where I think you're off is Trump also behaves that way off twitter.

40. Hawker-2001

Hawker-2001 All-American
    Gold Member
    Expand Collapse

I think politics has been devolving for a while...yes, he's the next evolution(devolution) but I think its a stretch to think its that much of a bigger step.