ADVERTISEMENT

Sean Snyder

Brett767676

Redshirt freshman
Gold Member
Oct 4, 2001
If special teams plays the way they have the last 3-4 weeks the rest of the season, I have to think Snyder might not be a good fit or 'help' going forward.

Failed PATs at Oklahoma State may have cost us a trip to Dallas and the kickoff coverage (or lack thereof) at ISU was very poor and also could've cost us the game.

Synder is also at least partially responsible for the field goal inefficiency and decision to go with backup kicker for 50+ yard kick at ISU. The punt return for touchdown against UCF was more than offset by the fumbled kick return against OU - he should have sure hands out there, particularly in that weather.

You could say he has a great resume but A) I only care about what I see on the field this season and B) he had some very good kickers and returners at KSU and USC that may not really require as much coaching.

Moreover, I'm skeptical of coach's sons that basically got handed their start in the business by their dad. Look at how Iowa gave Ferentz' son year after year of poor performance before finally pulling the plug this year. Maybe his KSU ties play into my distrust but it's painful to see special teams hold this team back.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals.com to access this premium section.

• Member-Only Message Boards
  • Exclusive coverage of Rivals Series
  • Exclusive Recruiting Interviews
  • Breaking Recruiting News