ADVERTISEMENT

Portal Craziness

Kbone

All-American
Gold Member
Dec 21, 2001
De Soto
I look at the rivals portal link once in a while and just check out the latest entries. I have no idea how our staff is able to evaluate and keep track of every player. Many of the entries are first and second year kids without much playing time logged. I am sure some of them are good players stuck behind older talent or kids still developing that have some potential. But, how on earth can our staff quickly and effectively look through what could be thousands of players with little understanding of where they are currently as players?

I saw a group of UF kids come through and wondered if they had one-on-one meetings and those guys were simply told there is not place for them in the future.

There are a lot of kids that had high rankings coming out of high school that are in the portal after a year or two with little to no playing time logged. Are they unhappy where they are and good players, or are they busts that didn't meet expectations and were shown the door? We would have thrown parties if we got some of these guys coming out of high school. I have no idea if we should want them, are they damaged goods, bad attitudes or work ethic, are they good players in a bad situation, I have to think some of these rankings were not wrong, hopefully our staff knows how to mine the diamonds.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News