ADVERTISEMENT

Football Thoughts OU game: My thoughts what do you want to see?

JK

Hall of Fame
Staff
May 29, 2001
Overland Park
I said on the podcast when asked to give a score prediction I really have no idea. It almost doesn't matter. I mean OU could be up 38 points and clear the bench in the fourth quarter. I don't think predicting a score does much and I'm not sure you can do it because of so many factors and the differences between the two teams.

Post your thoughts on what you would like to see in Norman. Here are some of mine.

1) The OU front four is really talented. They are probably along the lines of what West Virginia's front four is and maybe more talented overall. This will be a test for the offensive line once again. And the OU defense is starting to play better each week.

This gives the OL a chance to get better. The better they can get it might help in the remaining games. They need to keep improving.

2) Talk about getting tested, the secondary will get that and more. OU still has weapons. They have speed. They a TE that will be a bad match-up for KU's LBs. As Josh said in the Opposing View they are taking a lot of deep shots.

The young secondary of KU will get tested more in this game than they probably will be all year.

3) I know this gets tough for KU football fans when the losses mount up. I'm the opposite. I want to see how they compete. I want to see how the young players come out and fight. It is on the road in Norman and although the stadium won't be packed it is still an intimidating place for a young team.

This is where I want to see players get better for the future. I remember watching Mangino's teams getting their rears kicked on the road his first two years but the players got experience and what it takes to play in the Big 12 (Big 8). This is part of the building when you play a lot of young guys. Hopefully this helps them learn.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News