ADVERTISEMENT

Oddly specific predictions for Top 25

TexasJayhawk87

Ring of Honor
Gold Member
Dec 15, 2009
Fun article in The Athletic by Manny Navarro. If you’re a sports fan and not getting The Athletic I can only say you are missing out on the best sports writing going, besides our man JK. Here’s what he said about KU -

24. Kansas

Most of the excitement surrounding Lance Leipold’s team involves quarterback Jalon Daniels. I’m keeping the faith he’ll be healthy and productive (3,000-plus total yards and 30 total touchdowns). Not having Utah, Oklahoma State and Arizona on the conference slate will help Kansas get to nine wins, but bad red zone defense remains the issue. There will be a slight improvement (TDs on 63 percent of trips), but not nearly enough to punch a ticket to the Big 12 title game or end the 15-game losing skid to K-State.

Although I love his faith on JD staying healthy and a big year, I do think he’s wrong. Our red zone D will be much improved due to a strong line and our very good DBs…and improved LB play. And if it’s not much improved and just slightly as he predicts, our rocking offense will make that fact a non factor.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals to access this premium section.

• Say your piece in exclusive fan communities.
  • Unlock Premium news from the largest network of experts.
  • Dominate with stats, athlete data, Rivals250 rankings, and more.