ADVERTISEMENT

Logically inconsistent groupthink

kuDan

Freshman
Gold Member
Aug 25, 2017
Lance will be measured in his comments tomorrow and I’m sure he knows this team can do great things if it continues to ignore the talk. Ignore it when people say you suck, and especially when they start telling you that you are great.

That being said, there is a team in this conference with a good/great coach, a veteran offensive line, and a star running back. Their qb might be one of the worst in the league. Last year, when Ollie Gordon was limited to 12 carries in a ballgame, the Pokes lost 45-3 @ UCF. A lot rides on his availability this season.

Meanwhile, the team that gets docked for its “health”, KU, was down its First and Second string quarterback and about beat one of the conference darlings at home in a rivalry game last fall. KU is veteran and deep up and down the roster. But I don’t expect that to get as much focus as the “health of JD” at media day.

All the chatter lately is how KU’s season rides on the health of Jalon Daniels. Why is this not applied to OSU and its RB which is by its nature a much more injury prone position? Would anybody here take OSU down Ollie Gordon over Kansas down JD?

We fret about who would come in and replace JD and act like this is a fear unique to us. What’s so special about what Kstate would replace at QB if Golden Boy gets an ouchie?

Health is going to play a factor for all 16 teams. As of now, we are healthy. I can’t for the life of me express how excited I am to see us line up and get after it this season. We’ve paid our debts to the CFB gods!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals to access this premium section.

• Say your piece in exclusive fan communities.
  • Unlock Premium news from the largest network of experts.
  • Dominate with stats, athlete data, Rivals250 rankings, and more.