ADVERTISEMENT

Jalons back is what broke this team imo

Chevelle84

Ring of Honor
Gold Member
Jan 1, 2012
He just doesn't have the same throwing talent he once had. When he had the ability to make throws that required a certain zip, especially on the move, he played with so much passion, confidence and energy, which was infectious to the rest of the team.

The harsh realization that he no longer has the flexibility and arm talent to make those throws, hes understandably lost confidence. In fact, it's lowered the confidence of the whole team. We don't play with a chip or energy anymore, and it's a direct correlation of what's transpired with Jalon in my opinion. Yes, there are other things going on with Grimes, missed tackles, special teams, etc. but the biggest difference that I'm observing week to week is the lack of fire that once resonated from the QB position, and it's just not there this year..

Feel bad for the guy, but LL and the coaches get paid to make sure we are giving ourselves the best chance to win and I just think his physical and now mental health has him cooked. I hope Jalon can finish strong somehow but unfortunately in sports these things can happen.

After watching the game at Arrowhead yesterday with my Dad who played football at KU, he reminded me that most D1 players sacrifice long term health to some degree to play this sport. The 74 year old former KU center walked with the same limp he's had my whole life as a result of a back injury that derailed his career at KU and has impacted him for over 50 years. This fact has added to my hard feelings for what Jalon has dealt with. Hes a good kid who's had some tough breaks with health. I just don't think he's the same player he was before his health issues and it's creating a massive ripple effect throughout the team..

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals to access this premium section.

• Say your piece in exclusive fan communities.
  • Unlock Premium news from the largest network of experts.
  • Dominate with stats, athlete data, Rivals250 rankings, and more.