ADVERTISEMENT

Illinois

ChicagoJayhawk

Junior
Gold Member
Jun 1, 2001
I'm pretty sure we had a thread about the Illinois game but it dropped off the 1st page and I didn't search for it any further. As most know, this is a huge game in determining the direction of our season. I like our chances Weeks 1 and 3. If we can beat Illinois Week 2 we will head into the BYU game with a 3-0 record, Family Weekend and the Booth will be hopping for a very winnable game. If we are 4-0 heading to Austin......our boys are going to be incredibly confident and prepared to send UT on their way to the SEC.

I happened across an article by a writer who follows Illinois. He had KU in the "toss up" game category which I think is pretty fair given the history of the programs. The final line in the paragraph is what got me fired up.
@ Kansas

Kansas returns most of its team from last season’s bowl appearance, including Heisman darkhorse QB Jalon Daniels. Lance Leipold has this program on the rise. While they went 6-7, most of their losses came with Daniels injured and were still close. This Friday night game will be a great indicator for both teams. Kansas will have more continuity, plus home-field advantage, but Illinois still should have an overall advantage in talent and coaching.

Advantage in talent and coaching? That's bulletin board material.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News