ADVERTISEMENT

Housing in my city

RMHawk

Ring of Honor
Gold Member
Aug 19, 2001
Sioux Falls, SD
The times they are a changin. Sioux Falls has explosive growth in population and jobs. Our Republican Mayor and building community say we need 7000 new homes by 2025. They are saying in unison that most will be apartments, duplexes, and four plexes. And this housing will be built everywhere and single family neighborhoods ought to welcome their new neighbors as friends and coworkers. And housing, they say, is not just for jobs but also access to good schools. No prodding from the smothering Left necessary. Money can‘t be made and jobs won’t grow without accessible housing to accommodate newcomers. Last night our city council approved a major apartment, duplex, and four plex project over the objections of an adjacent single family home neighborhood. The Left will not like this as it puts to the test it’s insistent demand that only a one size fits all federal micromanagement is necessary to address housing accessibility. BTW, apartment projects are sprouting near me. And I don’t live in the slums. Our Mayor and our wanna be POTUS Governor have an icy but polite relationship. My two cents from flyover country.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals to access this premium section.

• Say your piece in exclusive fan communities.
  • Unlock Premium news from the largest network of experts.
  • Dominate with stats, athlete data, Rivals250 rankings, and more.