ADVERTISEMENT

Beaty's Spring Emphasis

jayhawk_93

All-American
Gold Member
Aug 25, 2001
From today's LJW:

Beaty has a clear plan for the spring that will emphasize three things.

The first is installation of KU's new philosophies.

"I'm excited about getting to see our coaches install their systems and bring them to KU," Beaty said. "I'm excited to see how certain guys fit into the new systems and how quickly they catch on."

The second is the importance of focusing on the factors the Jayhawks know they can control.

"There's gonna be a high premium on focusing on ourselves," Beaty said. "The way we're gonna get better faster is by being the most disciplined team in the country and being a smart football team."

The final thing ties into that and is something Beaty said both the KU offense and defense would spend a significant portion of each spring practice emphasizing.

"You're gonna see a ton of ball-security drills," Beaty said. "And there'll be a ton of time put into the hidden third of the game, which is special teams. We feel like if we do those things well, we give ourselves an advantage and a chance to get better faster."

All I have to say is Yes! Please! and Thank You!!! It's nice to hear about a plan. We got a lot of talk and blustering the last 5 years, but never really heard about a solid plan of action.
This post was edited on 3/24 6:48 AM by jayhawk_93

Beaty eager to kick off first Kansas spring

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News