ADVERTISEMENT

Off Topic A True Kansas Ghost Account--15th Installment

freudhawk

Freshman
Gold Member
Jan 8, 2007
A Strange Affirmation
After a while, you begin to think perhaps you are going crazy, as well as those around
you. The whole idea of seeing spirits seems so far fetched; it is nice to hear from others
that you respect, that also claim to have seen something.

When I was around ten years old, I would often be taken to my grandparent’s home on
the weekends, this was a year or so before we moved into the farm house. My parents
would take me over there and my cousin would also be taken there, so that we could have
the weekend to play. We stayed in the guest room, each having our own twin bed to sleep
on. My grandparents were very firm, yet nice people. One night, I woke up to see what
looked like my grandfather. He would peek into the door and then fall back again. We
played this peek-a-boo game for a while, until suddenly he jumped out into the darkness
of the hall. He was wearing red flannel pajamas and started to do this funny dance. He
was jumping all around and I really couldn’t see his face, but occasionally I would see
him smile at me as he danced around.

I sat up in bed and watched for a good 5 minutes, I laughed and laughed but my cousin
never did wake up. I sat there and watched him do his silly dance until finally, he waved
goodbye and headed down the hall. I quickly laid back down and fell to sleep. I told my
parents about my grandfather dancing and they started laughing and said he must have
had too much to drink that night.

Fast forward to 1988. We went to a birthday party on my father’s side of the family and
haunted houses somehow came up in the conversation. We started to tell them about the
things that had been happening to us. We never brought things like that up around
father’s side, my father never really liked to admit the house acted up and many of the
family on that side didn’t believe in such things. When we were done, a couple of family
members laughed and started going on about how there were no such things as ghosts,
and then my grandmother spoke. She said, “Our house is haunted too.” This made
everyone get quiet and then my aunt asked her to explain. My grandmother started to tell
the story about how in the late of night, she often would see a man in red flannel pajamas
dancing around out in the hallway. She would always wake up my grandfather and the
man would always vanish.
The minute my grandmother said this, my parents both turned to me. They had both
remembered my story about the man in the pajamas from seven years earlier. They had
me tell her about my run in with the man and she said that is exactly what would happen
with her as well. Their home was only three years old when they purchased it and they
purchased it from the man who had built it. There was no explanation of who the spirit
was, yet he would occasionally make an appearance in the home.

It was nice to know that someone that always seemed so rational as my grandmother, had
seen a ghost that I had seen as well. There were times when I really wondered if I was
just going crazy or imagining things, and it was a well timed affirmation that was very
much needed.

A Friend Comes To Stay
It was nearing the end of my senior year in high school. My best friend came from an
abusive household, so he came to live with us. He had always believed what I said about
the house being haunted, just never had any experiences of his own.

By the time he had come to live with us, I had moved on to my third and final downstairs
room, the family room. It was located where the original kitchen used to be and was just
off the tv room. Ever since the night my other friend was run out of the home, I just
hadn’t been comfortable in the formal living room any longer.

Things were going well in the family room, I had been sleeping in there for a month of so
when my friend moved in. I asked him what room he would like to stay in and he picked
the tv room. I told him nothing about the hand over my face or what others had
experienced in that room. He slept in there for about a week before things started to act
up for him. I woke up one morning and like my other friend; this friend had ended up on
the floor right next to the sofa I was sleeping on.

He said that during the night, he woke up to the low voice that others had described and
saw a black figure in the corner of the room before it vanished. I told him that he had
seen what many others had and that there was nothing I could do to stop it. It was getting
near the end of the school year and he would be leaving for college to play football, so I
told him he could stay at our home if he was comfortable with it or he could find
somewhere else to live and I wouldn’t be insulted. He ended up staying in the home with
us until he left for college, but every night he slept on the floor beside my sofa.

A New Wakeup Call
I had been sleeping in the family room for nearly two months when I started waking up
again at the same time every night. This time it wasn’t 11:34, now it was 11:35. I wasn’t
sure what to think about this, I was happy that the 11:34 had ended but what did the
11:35 represent?

I sat on the couch one evening and started to think. With my alarm clock upside down,
11:34 spelled the word “hell.” I decided I would stay up that evening and see what 11:35
spelled out. That night, my friend and I waited for the time to finally arrive and it did. We
turned the clock upside and it said, “sell.” We both looked at each other and both said
“sell” at the same time.

It was clear to me that something was trying to get a message across to me, and was using
a strange method to do so. Something was telling me it was time to sell the home.

The next day I told my mother about how I was waking up at 11:35 and what it said when
turned upside down on the clock. She knew I had been waking up at 11:34 before and
now 11:35, but she hadn’t thought to see if it had spelled anything out either. She had
been waking up at 3:33 more and more since the door struck her, she so knew what it was
like to wake up at the same time every night for no reason.

A Sign
I was a few weeks from graduating from high school and was returning home from town.
I had some friends with me, we were going to stop in at the home to get a few things and
then go catch a movie. As I was nearing home, one of my friends noticed something in
my yard. As we got closer to the house, I noticed it was well. It was a sign.

Not only was it a sign, it was a sign that all could see, it was a For Sale sign. I was taken
by total surprise; my parents had said nothing about this to me. I went on in to the home
but my parents were gone. There was a contract and some other paperwork on the dining
room table, but no explanation.

I went ahead and went out with my friends and by the time I returned home, it was late
and my parents were both sleeping. I was going to wake up early enough to talk to them
before they left for work, but didn’t catch them and had to wait when they got home after
work.

I asked them when they had made the decision. They said that it wasn’t too long after I
started waking up at 11:35. Father had started to grow concerned about the home when
mother was hit in the head by the door. For the first time in a very long time, my father
didn’t seem to be controlled by the home. They figured they would put the home on the
market without telling me for one specific reason; they didn’t want the house to know.
They both thought that if I knew that the house was going to be sold, that the house
would really start to act up, specifically, the girl in my room. They had decided I would
only find out about their plans if they actually put the house on the market. That way, if
they decided not to sell, the home perhaps would never know of the plans.

I had never known why my mother or I woke up at certain times or who was making us
do so and neither did my parents. I knew it was most likely not the girl in my room,
because of the references to hell, but they did not want to take any chances. It was odd
knowing that we may be moving in the future, but there was still plenty of life left in the
old home.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News