ADVERTISEMENT

Let's talk about Aubrey White

esuStorm4Hawks

Hall of Fame
Gold Member
May 1, 2007
To not take away too much from Antoine Frazier's potential commitment, let's put the Aubrey White talk in another thread. It's a good and interesting discussion, but at the same time hope we don't take away too much from Frazier.

The Aubrey White situation is a weird deal all the way around to me. What position does he best fit at? Why does he have all of the offers he does? Why did he commit to KU when he did?

I think Aubrey White has a solid build, but I am really curious why he has a lot of offers. His tape doesn't really jump out to me as a guy that has offers from the likes of Alabama and others. His stats aren't that great - had 57 carries for 241 yards (4.2 ypc) and 16 catches for 166 yards.

But I do like his flexibility. I think he ends up being more of a WR than RB. I read somewhere that some schools are saying they want to use him like Percy Harvin, which makes some sense. With an uptempo offense that plans on airing it out, he could be pretty valuable.

Now why did he commit to KU when he did? Will he stick with that commitment? I have no idea. Part of me thinks that he just really likes KU. I guess he could have committed to hold a spot, but he had several offers when he committed so that doesn't make sense to me. Part of me thinks he likes the attention. Part of me thinks this helps KU with recruiting, being a guy getting offers from others and being with KU. Part of me thinks he is just flirting for that reason, but intends to say with KU. But then again, how many times has KU beat out the likes of Bama for a kid?

Needless to say it will be interesting to follow what happens with him. I don't really have my hands up in the air right now about him looking around, possibly because it is way too early in the recruiting season, possibly because nothing really makes sense here...

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News