ADVERTISEMENT

How did you form your political views

KU4LIFE

Hall of Fame
Gold Member
May 29, 2001
I am always curious how people form their own personal political views.

Personally, I grew up in a family probably like many others on here. Family get together’s were always interesting. My family had differing political views. Luckily, my parents taught me and my siblings that your life experiences will shape your thoughts on politics. my parents weren’t particularly political. I don’t remember them sitting around with friends talking politics. I will admit in the last 10 years or so my parents are more openly political.

Growing up in a small town in central Kansas I think it’s safe to say I was surrounded by a conservative viewpoint. I do think growing up in the 80s, politics was something people talked about in small groups. It wasn’t something that dominated the public sphere. I just know traditional family values was something expected. Church, school, sports dominated my upbringing. That’s probably not any different than most people on here.

I don’t think it was until I moved to Lawrence that I started being around folks with differing upbringings. I don’t think I ever rejected someone else’s point of you, but it rather helped reinforce or shape my own views today.

We live in a completely different world than that of the 70s or 80s. Those much older than me can probably attest things have even changed a lot more then just the last 43 years of my life.

So how did you form your political views? Did you always think the way you did? Who was your biggest political influencer?

Last edited:
Reactions: HawkRanger
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News