ADVERTISEMENT

BYU reporters = KSU reporters?

jolebo

Hall of Fame
Gold Member
Jan 25, 2015
There is a shoutout to KUFB but BYU is claiming to have good influence with the increased future B12 payouts.

A good combination of football relevance and parity in the Big12– previously under-valued brands reached greater relevance; like Kansas football garnering enough attention to host College GameDay vs TCU[...]

Each of the new schools brings significant value to the equation in other ways as well:

–Cincinnati brings a recent playoff appearance, an engaged fanbase, and a solid TV market that is passionate about both college football and basketball.

–Houston has a solid football program, nationally elite basketball, a growing fan base, surging enrollment, and is located in the nation’s 7th largest media market.

–UCF is truly a sleeping giant with the nation’s 2nd largest total enrollment at 72,000 students. They are also among the nation’s most engaged fans on social media. The Knights are located in a rapidly expanding media market (17th largest) and in a state that “loves them some college football.” Personally, I wouldn’t be surprised if UCF was in new Big12’s top 4 for media value.

BYU, however, provides the most clear evidence of a true “value add” for the Big12, quickly becoming a key cog of the Big12’s new media deal. And that’s not just the “BYU homer” in me speaking; unbiased sports media professionals have confirmed BYU’s value. Stewart Mandel, observing the PAC struggling to get a media deal done, recently opined:

Plenty of quotes from other articles.

And no way can I make this up; the author of this article is named Jeff Fuller. Some resemblance to one of this forum's punching bags.

J-Fuller-150x150.png

Sounds like y'all will have a new group of people to hate on.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News